View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2003
Inquisitive tinkerer

Brian Christmas is flying high
Post Getting back 'Could not move to Library'

G'day again from Oz.

Just about every problem LimeWire has is caused by that damn 'Download.dat' file, and whatever algorthym the Team uses to maintain it.

If you get a 'Could not move to Library', don't Kill the Download. Instead, immediately quit LimeWire, and restart it.

Do a new search for the file, and start a new download. If you're lucky, the old file download will pop back up.

This might only work if you are downloading a single file.

After this, DO NOT quit LimeWire unless there is a 'Reconnecting...' beside the file. If it is downloading, and you quit, whatever tenuous connection that is being maintained in 'Downloads.dat' is lost, and so is your file.

I noticed that 'Drumbeat' uses a separate folder for each download. Why can't LimeWire do this, and keep a separate 'Download.dat' in each folder. That way, only one will crash.

Drumbeat is fast & nice, and access' heaps of files (I sometimes had 40+ peers, tens of millions of files, 4 petrabytes on), but doesn't resume downloads, and doesn't access Gnutella as yet (which means very few Mac items).

The easy answer to this for Jaguar owners...

Aquisition

I've just downloaded it, and have turned on file sharing, and have commenced the downloads of my required files. No problems. Easier interface, at least 20% faster downloads, better searches, saved searches, up to 12 peers via modem, lot of improvements.

Might be why LimeWire (for Jaguar) seem to have given up.

I think I'll pay up tomorrow.

Regards

Santa