View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2003
Phlox Sniffer

KathW is flying high
Default CD's

I moved your post to the Limewire forum, as this was the client you mentioned you used.

It's a big subject to cover, but I'll try to simplify it.

What you need is called a 'CD ripper' the one I use is available from the link below.. go to the downloads page. It may be best to download the .exe installer if your new to computers, as a zipped file maybe more than you can tackle at the present time.

Don't forget, any .exe file that you may download should be checked with a virus checker, such as Norton, just in case.

When you're sure the file is virus free, double click on the .exe file and it will start the install for you. Take particular note of where it is installing it for future reference. It will put a shortcut icon on your desktop for you to start the program.

It may be advisable to thoroughly read any help file that comes with the prog and then you will understand it better and be able to alter the setting to your liking

The default settings should be OK for starters, make sure you also note where the prog is going to put your completed files (you can change the location in the settings before you start).

Just a note... the bitrate you set for of the file is quite important, don't go for anything less than 128. This will produce quite a small file, but the quality will not be the best, but it is the most common.

Myself, I prefer the higher bitrates.. 160, 192, 256, 320. The higher the number, the larger the file will be... I think 192 is good quality and the file is still reasonably sized.

Also, the higher bitrates are more sought after

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Read lots of forums with advice and you'll learn pretty quick...
Hope you have fun in your new hobby... Lots of us do

Last edited by KathW; January 27th, 2003 at 12:04 PM.