View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2003
Connoisseur

Julie Z is flying high

Well, to start with: If you would take the time to do a search of these forums (there's a search button at the top of the page) you will find answers to most, if not all, of your questions. I think people get tired of repeating themselves. That may be why you are not seeing too many responses lately. However, as you are new to these forums, I will try to help where I can. I don't use LimeWire much these days as I am just as frustrated with with the lack of successful downloads as most others are. But, I will see what I can do.

1) You may have been notified to upgrade, however, one is never required to pay for Pro. The only difference in Pro is no ads and you get "support".

2) Missing software to play the file. That has nothing to do with LimeWire. There are many videos that were created on PC that cannot play on Mac. Sometimes there are workarounds, but it all depends on the individual file. (I am a Mac user and use QuickTime also. I have/had alot of files that just wouldn't work.) There are many posts regarding Macs and playing videos.

3) The 67K files are bogus. The file size should be the first clue. There are many posts regarding them. I usually ignore them. You can also make note of the IP address and block it in LimeWire's options.

4) I've found that all of the search options are pretty much useless. I just use the first text box for all of my information in my search. Usually comes up with closer matches that way.

5) The missing information/columns in the Search window. If you command-click (or maybe option-click) on the bar where the # or quality columns are, a menu should pop-up where you can check the box(es) of what you would like listed in your results. As I said, I don't use it much anymore, so not absolutely positive of the keys to click. Try searching the forums for that answer. Or just try each one. If the Name is there, but you just can't read it, you can re-size each column by holding your cursor over the break between the columns and then click and hold and slide to the right or left until you can read what you need.

6) You can do a re-search by doing command-click on the tab of the search you want to repeat. You, again, will get a menu where you can choose to repeat the search, stop the search, etc.

7) As for the refund, FAQ's or the manual... can't help you there.

Good luck.