View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2003
Apprentice

melismatica is flying high

Julie, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. However, instead of blaming the frustrated users for failing to search the forum in advance perhaps you should read the posts more carefully. I pride myself on being a good researcher and a good problem-solver. It irks me to have to resort to a forum for help only to get needled for failing to do preliminary research. I did in fact do several searches of the various forums with few results for my particular query. I found it more useful to browse recent post for mention of similar problems. No one likes to repeat themselves. However, if the information is redundant, by this I mean repeatedly failing to be of use but repeatedly being offered up as a solution, it is counterproductive to blame the frustrated folks who naturally will post a new querie in hopes of a different solution.

For instance, I went into great detail describing how, in my attempts to get the reload command to pop up I dragged the tabs all over the window like puzzle pieces. This is how I lost the information in the first place. Command click functions aren't working in my software. While you may have been repeating previous solutions regarding the command click function you were repeating information that had already failed to be of help to a previous poster. Here is a link to the series of posts I read on the subject before posting my own querie. http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18485&highlight=command +click

This took place only a couple of weeks ago, and you suggested the same solution to that person back then. It didn't work for him/her either. I'm not critizing you for failing to provide the answer. I just think that before you gave me the lecture on searching the archives you should have searched your memory banks. Then you would have realized that although this problem was previously addressed it was not actually resolved. Obviously there is some sort of bug in the new software that needs to be worked out. There may not be an instant solution. In this case, multiple posts on the problem should bring it to the attention of someone who can solve it.

Most of the issues I raised in the post were observations (albeit of a ranting nature) I had made about Limewire. I'm not sure how my comments regarding the quality of Limewire were construed as questions. Careful reading will reveal that I had come to the same conclusions as yourself regarding the bogus files, missing software, lousy search functions, etc.

In fact, I followed up my original post with a post announcing that I had fixed the empty information field problem on my own and how I did it.
My only real problem now lies in the reload search function. If anyone has a solution to this that doesn't involve control click/command click, click and drag, etc., I welcome a response. My guess is it is just a bug and I will have to live with it or re-install the old version and forget the $9.50.