View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2003
Apprentice

rainglory is flying high
Default makes me wanna scream

I agree with security_conscious that this is a huge security risk and that no respectable and upstanding software should just arbitrarily do this. This severely damages my trust in Limewire and its creative team, and I think they should create a patch to download that will shut off this feature for people who are encountering this problem. (And make it 2.7-compatible, please!)

(I have personal reasons for preferring 2.7 over 2.8, including that the new color scheme of black-on-blue is much harsher on the eyes than the old blue-on-blue, and it doesn't run right on my Mac--and yes, I downloaded the right version--and I don't like the new statistics panel.)

My biggest complaint, however, (since I just ignore the pop-ups) is that they slow down and sometimes freeze my computer, especially when I'm printing a document and one shows up, or when I'm running Limewire in the background while I play a game. They won't let me click on any of the Limewire tabs until I get rid of them, either. How can I shut these off?! I never had this problem before last Wednesday when my computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

And somebody on the other thread mentioned the possibility of people using this program glitch to steal passwords, through tracking keystrokes or whatever, and I just want to say that if I find that out to be true, then I don't care if Limewire IS the only good file-sharing utility for Macs, I'll drop it in a heartbeat. Talk about damaging trust; LIMEWIRE, FIX YOUR PROBLEM!!!