View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2003
Apprentice

help is flying high
Default "Could not move to library"

Guys, guys, guys !!!!

If you continue to ignore the "Could not move to library" problem, it is going to kill this product !!!!!!!!!

I have spent considerable time experimenting with different solutions and nothing *fixes* it. I have tried every version from 2.6.3 to 2.8.6 and they all do it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times. I have lost at least 50 downloads.

There are numerous complaints in this forum and I have only seen a few explanations. None of these explanations hold water.

Explanation # 1. The file has special characters. Response: I did not see any special characters in any of the 50+ downloads that failed. Are the special characters hidden?

Work-around #1. Kill the download before it finishes and restart it. Response: If the problem is special characters, then why does killing the download and restarting it work??? It should fail either way, right?

Don't take my word for it. Search through this forum and read all of the different comments where people HAVE had success with this work-around.

Explanation # 2. The file was corrupted. Response: Limewire only reported corruption in 1 of the 50+ files.

Explanation # 3. Hard drive is full. Response: I have over 50 megs. available on my hard drive.

Explanation # 4. The problem is caused by a Firewire drive. Response: I do not have a Firewire drive.

Explanation # 5. Insufficient system memory. Response: I upgraded from 128 megs to 256 megs of ram and still get this error.

Work around #2. Go to the Incomplete folder and move the file manually. Response: I have not been able to find any of the 50+ downloads that failed with this error. It appears that Limewire deletes the file from the Incomplete folder BEFORE it determines that it can't save it to the Shared folder.

Don't take my word for it. Search through this forum and read all of the different comments where people have NOT had success with this work-around.

At this point, I have completely given up on Limewire. I have not had a successful download in 2 weeks!!! I really like the product and I am not trying to slam it. I just want some one to take the problem seriously and fix it.

Thanks!
Lee