View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2003
sunshine

Thumbs down Limewire use to be great, but it's not now

Limewire use to be very functional, that is to say you could accomplish what you set out to do. People shared files, they didn't crank your share of the bandwidth down to nothing or set the number of downloaders low as they can. Few people logged off before you were finished downloading.

But now the users have themselves made limewire a poor tool. Listen if everyone did the above things noone would be able to download anything. Which is what we are approaching.

Those features were added to protect someone from being hit with an excessive amount of downloaders. A good intention. But the feature allows the limits to go too low. So low that although people share files not has a chance in hell of downloading them. This doesn't make sense.

Since this community of people no longer are able to participate fairly these limits should be raised. If it is possible to do some type of measuring of bandwidth, then people should have to share as much bandwidth as they have available to them 50/50.

Some fix is needed because I am looking for an alternative.. I'm glad I didn't get the purchased version, I'd have a piece of worthless software on my hands.

Tis a shame this happened to a once good thing.