Thread: library
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2003
Connoisseur

Julie Z is flying high

Hmmm... I'm getting confused now. LimeWire was showing more files than you have? Are you sure you had the path right? Setting it to "Music Folder" (for example) and not to "LimeWire Folder" (which has the Music Folder as well as program and other files)? These are just examples.

Anyway, I think it takes less than a minute per file to "hash". It may depend on your connection... not sure.

As for moving your iTunes into LimeWire folder: Will that mess up iTunes? Playlists? Can't you just set your Shared Folder as your Music Folder (which may be in your iTunes folder)? I don't use iTunes, so I don't know how it's set up.

In my case, I have a folder named "Shared Folder". Inside that folder are two folders: "Video Files" and "Music Files".

In LimeWire, I select Tools and choose Options.

In the Options window, I select Sharing.

I click on the LimeWire default choice and click Remove. (Well, I never let LimeWire set the default folder, I always change it in the Set Up Wizard)

I then click Add and browse to my Shared Folder.

I only have to select the one folder as it will include everything inside it (meaning both my Video and Music folders)

You select it by clicking on it once and then clicking Select.

Then click OK. and you're done... Hopefully!

I hope this helps. Let me know if there are any other problems.