View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2003
Still growing

NoKaOi is flying high
Default Cold winter in New England

Hi Angus and thank you for the reply. Here's my situation: I am running Mac OS X 10.2.4 and Limewire 2.8.6 Pro on a RoadRunner connection. I've set preferences on Limewire to "Force Local IP" and the IP is accurate (per 'whatismyip.com); also, on System Preferences, I've checked 'Personal File Sharing' to allow users, etc. I've checked and doubled checked my path to the shared file and it is correct. Limewire shows a green ball and that I am sharing all (the correct number) the files in my shared folder. I get lots and lots of hits, but have never had a single upload, that I can tell. I've left the computer on for well over four hours at a stretch. I've read multiple "posts" and the FAQ but don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions or constructive criticism would be appreciated. Thank you. BTW: I understand your area has REALLY had a cold winter. It is -9 here this morning and we've recorded over 70 inches of snow so far. Wind chills in the -20s. Didn't your area get into the -40s wind chill earlier this month? Best of luck and thank you in advance for any assistance with my upload concersn. I am NOT a freeloader.