View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2003
clueless

In developer/ coder speak, the two programs may be the same. But as a lay user who has purchased both programs, I can factually state that on my system, 10.2.4 w Java Preview 1.4.1, on a G4 400 with 1 gig of RAM, Acquisition by far out performs LimeWire in terms of stability.

Back in December, when you put out probably the worst piece of doodoo in the form of 2.8.5, somebody in your firm decided it would be a good time to leave for the holidays, and many of us are still waiting for answers to our support emails. Not that they would help, based upon the answers we receive here in the forum.

On the other hand, Dave seems to be able to code a decent program and actively participate in the forum for his program. And his app works, without the need for 'chunky loading', which you seem to favor.

Today I decided to try using LW 2.8.6 Pro once again, and found that it now sticks on the splash screen at "Loading User Interface". Trashing the prefs didn't fix it. Reinstalling didn't fix it.
Uninstalling did fix it, and that's where it will stay until such time that you might deliver something worthy of a paid application.

My Acquisition 0.74 has been happily chugging along all day long, as it always does.

I don't know if coder and business office is one and the same, but if so, then I think you have earned a little honest bashing, if that's what you wish to call it.

Put out a decent product once again, and I will be humbly happy to sing your praises..