View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Clueless! I'm envious you get a clean connect and don't have to share the cable with kids playing online games, or risk their even more unprotected browsing! (I seem to get all the fixing, which is why I stick with Macs. Gad, I don't have enough life left to learn more solutions for control-alt-delete).

Re support, I agree with your comments about Dave and the Acq forums. It's much more efficient to speak with a smaller group that shares a common OS. I don't know how Dave finds the time to write in all the places he does.
Still, support here is far superior though often more varied than what I've seen elsewhere. A two-month-old-$1500 digital camera gets me professional Sony support who repeatedly tell me the drivers are built into OSX, the editing software only runs in Classic (no matter what I asked), to carry the CD with me if I want to download to Windows computers, and only updates pre-10.2 are supported. It sure felt that me, Apple, and my OS were to blame. Yeah, it's easy to feel like the minority in the Intel world. At least we can speak English, and people here are mostly willing to help.

So--back to routers and firewalls again. I've learned they are a fundamental problem in p2p, but Limewire/Acquisition and the opensourcers might turn up new possibilities before someone shuts it down. Thanks again.