View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2003
Disciple

dawgawn is flying high

The following 4 quotes are picked at random from previous postings on this site. They illustrate my and many others' frustration with the kind of 'help' provided all too often, by this board. The quotes are an abridgement of a multi-page dialogue between LeeWare and Trap_Jaw who appear to be in huge disagreement as to proper procedures for 'Maximizing LimeWire's Download/Upload Success...

QUOTES:

"However for people you just like to jump on the computer and actually accomplish download something this information is very valuable to them. Yes - I am suggesting that people block all of the people who don't now how to force IPs for use on Gnutella."

"Pong/Responses Recurse the Query path to find the the host that issued the query. If my machine is a NATed machine it will respond with the ip of my private net."

"in the cases where QoS is applied to P2P traffic the polocies tend to be strick which means that almost no-bandwidth is allocated to P2P traffic. So for instance anyone downloading or uploading on these connection can expect serious problems with the files tranfers. Take for instance a QoS polocies that says allow 4Kbps to P2P traffic means:"

"MP3 Size * BitRate = SizeInBit / QoSBitRateAllows = SecondsToDownload / MinutesToDownload = Download Time."

I, for one, have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and can guarantee neither speaks to the majority of LimeWire users. I'm sure they gain a certain fulfillment from showing their command of the lingo off, but most of us just want to be able to log-on, search for files and download; all the while allowing others to do the same with our files.

So... once again, thank you to Joakim Agren, for your grasp of this simple concept. If those in charge had the same grasp of the real and fundamental frustration level (made apparent by those of us actually using the program) they would save their high tech verbal jousting and begin the implementation of answers instead of rhetoric. My QueryPath as Recursed by my4Kbps to P2P Pong/Responses QoSBitRate is sure of it!