View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default Slow?

Hi

I'm retired so I have nothing better to do with my time than sit in front of this machine. I quickly learned that the Requery message was a sham so I refresh the searches every few minutes until I get a connect. I do not carry a large backlog of circulating Requeries. Take this morning's experience as the new reality. I quickly established four connections. The handshake went through and the package then sat there with the "Downloading from. . ." for nearly two hours until I got tired and cancelled them. During all this time, there was no actual download. Three counters sat idle at 0%. The remaining connect managed to get to 22%. I have a high work ethic. I will put in the hours to get results. But from the frist day when I grabbed some forty or so files, I am now down to almost zero. It's such a shame. The idea of sharing is great but I cannot get any of my other files into Limeware but that's not a problem because now it seems, no-one else can download from me — they all have my problem in reverse (except that now some of the failed uploads are showing the legend "File not found" which I find alarming).

Sorry to be such a pathetic failure. Any advice short of suicide wouldbe appreciated.