View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the changes, Sam (is there a link I should be checking?)
Wow--if this alpha works this well now, then I'm quite enthused. First impressions are very positive. Searches were zippy, Tool tips work, sorting/scrolling works properly, saw way faster downloads, and the magnets were amazing--25-80KB/s speeds noted.

This was the nicest surprise: I did a quick try first thing this AM. All seemed to work well. Then put the laptop to sleep, took it to work, changed my location setting to the work LAN, and Limewire responded without a hiccup, resuming the downloads at even better speeds! Came home, switched back to my home NAT, and Limewire again continued beautifully. I'd fully expected problems (Limewire was running the whole time), but was able pick right up. Nice work all.

LW did freeze my connection for a bit (tried to go into Ultrapeer from leaf), but I just checked Disable Ultrapeer, and the connections settled right down; internet access resumed nicely. Kill/resume doesn't seem to help requeries, so I'm glad not to feel the need to babysit downloads.

Maybe the great results are really due to the Apple Java Update . . . (but I think you're right et voilą; LW looks to be using 1.3.1)