View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2003
Apprentice

oU812iC is flying high
Default What's Happend to XOLOX !?

Ok first off... Yesterday I installed Xolox again since I uninstalled it about 6 months ago or so. They had announced there come back (Xolox). I couldn't even use it for constant illegal operations !? So I gave up for a bit, went onto other things, mainly kaza and edonkey.

Well I've missed Xolox so I installed there latest version again yesterday... It started and connected ok, I quickly did a test search and started and a mp3 download. Well I closed xolox before that download finished because I was doing other things at the time.

*** Today I start xolox and 60 seconds later... bam! It's gone !? Try again... same thing, again... same thing !? Now I can't even open it long enough to try and check the pref's.

So after a little brain storming... I open xolox and immediately cancel the download that's trying to resume. This has seemed to fix the mysteries closing problem...

*** But now I notice unlike yesterday, it wont connect to any of the servers no how long I wait. Yesterday it connected to all 5 within seconds.

THIS VERY IMPORTANT !!! PLEASE ANSWER THIS !

I noticed since I've installed xolox that it has changed the look of some of my folders (put there little xolox logo on it). Now I never use the default folders because I have a separate drive for my file sharing... WHAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT THOUGH! is when I uninstall xolox will XOLOX delete that folder that was originally MINE! AND WITH THE 650 MP3's IN IT !!??

No I ain't no fly by night, XoloX has become very disappointing to me. I was one of the guys who jumped on the xolox band wagon about the time napster was dying. When everyone bailed (even the xolox owners), I stood my ground with xolox and shared my 3000 or so mp3's I got from napster. Xolox was very good to me, a rough estimate, xolox gave me 10 fold what napster did !

I thought I would never be stopped... I just never figured on not being able to even run the program. (or even get it to start!).

Hanging my head in defeat..

One more question... Will the old zeropaid version of xolox still work on the network. It was the last xolox version that worked for me.

XoloX - latest version
Win2000pro/ cable connection
amd 1.5gig/640megs of ram pc133
IE 6.0

I even formatted once just for xolox and still no go. (the format was when i gave up on it 6 months ago)

Thanks for any help!

edit: I should have added... Curently I use Edonkey, Emule, Kaza Lite and WinMX, all completly stable. Although all are very good programs... personally none compared to XoloX when it was in it's prime.

Basically they do what XoloX did for me a year ago, just a little more work.

If try to share 3000 mp3's with kaza lite my mouse dies, if I try it with edonkey, you may as well leave the damn thing for six months to hash 3000 files, who knows, who cares. I said the to hell with it when it got to about 600 or so, and winmx I don't know because I just recently started using it to fill in where kaza lacks.

XoloX did it without breaking a sweat !? And no to mention coming from napster "multi source downloading" was a sweet find and XoloX did it so good.

enough now.

Last edited by oU812iC; March 17th, 2003 at 07:57 PM.