View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2003
Novicius

Morphiusbb is flying high
Angry Getting all my files toSshare is taking ages!

I want to share all my mp3's (over 1000 of them) and limewire is uploading them to share 1 by 1, its agonisingly slow, it should just read my mp3 folder, and then instantly allow all the other Limewire users to access them, but instead it goes "sharing 1 of 2"....10 seconds later "sharing 2 of 3" and so on. At this rate it would take days to allow other Limewire users to have ful access to my files! Can anyone explain why? Ive tried using a folder with all my mp3's in to share, and selecting a folder which had all the mp3's divided into subfolders under band names. This made no difference, so i dont think Limewire speeds up when putting files into smaller folders. I dont think its my computer as its a 700 mhz G3 imac, with OSX.1, so not to out of date, I think it might be my internet connection ( just a 56k, fot the next month or 2 , but it would be great if someone could offer a reply.

*also limewire runs slowly, is this my internet connection too? or should I allocate more memory for the app?

Cheers