Thread: Another moan
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default Another moan

Deepest apologies for continuing this saga of unhappiness — as the number of files available for sharing has increased (now 650), the system has degraded in performance. It routinely crashes the Mac twice a day and freezes requiring Force Quit a further three times each day. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Limewire 29 times since I began this effort to grab files. The converse was exciting. Having proved the routine for tranferring individual files to Limewire, I imported three of my own CDs through iTunes and when I dragged and dropped them on to Shared, the Mac crashed as soon as I attempted another operation. Surprisingly, the new files were accepted by Limewire but this experience suggests that new material can only be added very slowly. To prevent this from being a simply diary of despair, when is the new version of Limewire due? Also, like Alan, I also do not know how to turn off the virtual memory, nor do I know how to select better ultrapeers through whom to work as suggested by Joakim Agren.

Any help, guidance or advice would be appreciated.

Suicide is not an option (yet).