Thread: Another moan
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default Results

OSX is very temperamental. I have downloaded several versions of LW and have finally found one where the screen image is more stable but even this one cannot cope with scrolling large lists, flickers badly when you resize a window and the Downloads window trembles alarmingly when you enter a new search. But, on the plus side, search results are impressively increased - more candy in the store to save up for - and I am suddenly joined by QMax, Gncleus, MMM, etc which is pleasing. However, downloads are still very slow and uploads have almost dried up. There is no express reference to Firewall in the Sharing box. I have turned on File Sharing and FTP Access but this has made no difference. Is LW a Remote Apple Event that I should permit? So please advise on how to disable the firewall (without compromising security too much). Uploads were significantly more successful on the same machine in OS 9.2. This is a strange result since I would have predicted that the FIrewall should affect both equally.