View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2003
Novicius

Joot96 is flying high
Angry LimeShop won't uninstall; WJView errors

OK, I have read several posts about this, but have yet to see an adequete answer. LimeWire is responsible for this and should be the one answering. Just look at the number of hits and responses these posts get.

I have a brand spanking new (2 days old) computer with Win XP. I was excited about Limewire, at first. Hey, I gave it a chance and even considered getting the Pro. But I decided to try the free version first. Now ever since installing LimeWire, I get an WJView error every time I boot. I want to get everything related to LimeWire OFF my computer. I uninstalled LimeWire, but LimeShop refuses to be uninstalled. When I click Remove, it gives another WJView error: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError". I uninstalled the Java 2 hoping that would help, to no avail.

It is very irresponsible of LimeWire not to give even basic support to remedy ERRORS in their software. It wouldn't be so bad except that the errors are preventing us from removing it. This is rediculous, and really pissing me off. My new toy is MARRED with this buggy software!! I would have to upgrade to Pro to learn how to get rid of this? How convenient FOR YOU LIMEWIRE FOLK, and don't think for a second that I'd give you the pleasure.

Telling everyone NOT to get LimeWire,
Joot