Thread: Port Mapping
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Sorry about the delay in responding. Thought I'd follow your hint and start reading about Java 1.4.1 . Scary--some of it almost made sense, especially the resolved and known issues. Looks to me that LW and Acq take a lot of heat for Java issues, so I'll have to go back and study them more. I really perked up glancing over the "open source" and Java Community Project stuff. Does Apple really offer much to the cross-platform Java community that LW can use?

Aachen, huh? Whatever . . . as this thread and past ones prove, you've provided me with the most useful information. Whoever fixed the http bug, helped develop a way to bock the spammers with "block host", reduced the "could not move to library" problem, etc. deserves a lot of credit.

Back on topic, no further developments on the 2nd static IP setup. ISP has activated the second, and is willing but unable to help with the NAT. Waiting for a third reply from the NAT software vendor (I haven't heard anything from LW Pro support). I have a second ethernet hub, so I think I'll try using one hub to split the modem connection for a direct connection on one IP, and run the NAT off the other IP and hub.

Then I hope I can narrow down what the upload problems are. Cheers.