View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2003
Apprentice

Dirk Mittler is flying high

As far as I can see, there is no solution to our problem. I have also allowed LimeWire to pester me into downloading an unnecessary upgrade, only to discover that neither the US version nor the International version work. Firstly, LimeWire does not allow me to upgrade to version 2.9.8 Pro; I must downgrade to version 2.9.8, in violation of the sales aggreement, that allows me upgrades for 6 months.
Version 2.9.8 does not work, while I must continue to use version 2.8.5 Pro.
There is no way to remove the update demands that display every time my only working version of LimeWire loads. On the one hand, the company appears to supprt serverless peer-to-peer networking, but in reality they want to keep an off switch, so that they can shut their paying customers down. My dialog box displays that only users of versions prior to 2.6 must upgrade, but the pestering nevertheless has continued all month. Even though I have chosen to keep using 2.8.5 Pro.
Technical support from this company is totally useless; they simply tell people to install the International version, and ignore all details. The International version also crashes directly after launching.