View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2003
Novicius

thebigname is flying high
Unhappy Re: 2.9.8 (standard) seems to work ok

Quote:
Originally posted by thebigname
So it seems this little problem is causing quite a stir. Having read some of everyone's comments, would seem downgrading might be the answer, at least in the short term. Everyone seems to be pointing towards 2.8.6 though. However, have just visited brilliant site (posted by Trap-Jaw), listing all of the previous versions of LimeWire and have installed 2.9.8.2 (actually, 2.9.8 standard ed - not pro) and have made my frist successful download for quite a while.

Could just be beginner's luck, but you might like to give it a go.

Check it out at:
Pick Your Version Here
OK, so looks like beginner's luck. Managed to download 98% and then... game over! Have not reinstalled 2.8.6 like everyone else, but to be honest, it's not much better. The only difference is that now, I'm being told to "Wait 59... 58... 57... 56... for1 busy". It did as to wait for "8 busy", so I can only assume this is an improvement? Does anyone know what all this means?

When I let the countdown reach 0, the download seemed to fail. So I have kept clicking resume instead.

Just increased to waiting for "2 busy" - Doh!

That's odd - now says 100% downloaded but not able to move to library. I'm only reporting what I see. Hope not to confuse but to share.

Over to you...