View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2003
Apprentice

numberonechick is flying high
Default in answer to your problem

you may notice that i have a thread up on this forum stating that i have the same problem. Several people seem to. It is almost impossible to actually get this version of limewire to download anything. I have had only two successful downloads but i will tell you the only suggestions that I can think of that may help you that i have found from reading other threads. Go to preferences/firewalls and force your IP. If you read the other threads in this forum one of them gives a link that can help you find out what your computer's IP is. Also, go to preferences/download and select show all speeds and also only show three or four star qualitys. also if you have a download in progress and halfway through it tells you that it is awaiting more sources, go to the clear inactive button-then go back and double click on it again under the search that you found it--this works no matter how many times it times out on you because this is how I got one of my two downloads to complete. I hope this helps you. I don't know of anything else to do really. All i can say is if a song says it can not download straight away, the only thing I know that you can do is do another search and/or try other ones of different speeds. Hopefully one of these will work for you