View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2003
Novicius

aquiet is flying high
Question limewire shut down/type 12 error?

hello, i am new to this board because for the last week or so i have been having major problems with limewire. up until now, i have been very satisfied with limewire and have found many interesting things through it.

last week, however, is when things began to go all pear-shaped. i downloaded and installed the latest version of limewire and like so many people found it to be a buggy proposition. i've spent most of the past week trying to find different means of solving the issues which that presented. i finally, or so it seemed, figured the thing out...unfortunately, something else came up and that is this:

at a certain, random, moment limewire will shut down. when it shuts down, for no disernable reason, it gives me a pop window tellng me that an error of type 12 has occurred and to save anything i was doing. then it proceeds to crash my computer completely so that i must restart it. however when i get back, i cannot access the connection. after which i must restart AGAIN and after that restart, THEN it works...until the next time it shuts down. when i finally get the thing working then i have to toss out the .limewire folder (which seems to work) and then open up limewire....only to have to go through the entire configuration set up AGAIN AND AGAIN...EVERY TIME!!!

what is wrong?!?

i've never had these issues with the previous versions of limewire that i've had!!! every since i downloaded the new version last week, i've had nothing but problems. i've also tried downloading previous versions, including the one that i had before last week, and those crap out too!!!

please help.

thank you.

a.

Last edited by aquiet; April 19th, 2003 at 08:48 AM.