View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2003
Gnutella Veteran

osu_uma is flying high
Default Re: What is the problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowMoe
I ask all of you this then; what is the problem with my posts?

When a user posts that Bearshare sucks, all of you tell them a personal opinion. That is a reply to a problem from one person. Almost all of my posts have been replies to someone else having problems with thier respected clients. So if you guys can give your opinionated answers why can't I?
Your posts are not opinionated answers, they are ads. Not a single one of your posts actually has anything to do with the topic of the thread you're posting in. Your motivation is not to help people fix their problems, but to advertise Shareaza. Why don't you create a 'Shareaza promo' forum and people who want to read your posts just go there. I am sure it will be hugely popular.

What you're doing is plain simply spamming the forums.
Quote:
If your programs are good, then you have nothing to fear with my posts.
It's a matter of annoyance, not fear. If I want to read about Shareaza, I go to the Shareaza forum.
Quote:
Let the reader decide, and if you don't like what I write just don't read it.
I think they can make their decisions without your help.
Quote:
I used all of the clients, which I made responses to.
There are a lot of people who 'used all the clients'. If they all posted like you, this forum would be unusable. If everybody spammed, e-mail would be unusable too.
Quote:
I like all those other users have been lied to.
Thanks for spreading the truth. You are a real freedom fighter.
Quote:
I was told that the client I was running was the best when it wasn't, so who really is spreading propaganda.
Again, what client is the best is something you best leave to the users to decide. I think we all are aware of the existence of Shareaza. I don't think you are in any position to lecture us on what servents are better than others. What exactly are your credentials to make you an expert on this topic?
Quote:
I post my stuff on open discussions, why are you guys trying to make my open discussions closed? Calling me a troll and what not, let me tell you this then, "I don't get paid by Shareaza to Advertise".
Have any of your posts been deleted ever? You are a troll. In fact, you're a spammer. Of course you don't get paid. That doesn't make your posts any more appropriate. Does it ever seem strange to you that all the tens of thousands of other happy Shareaza users don't feel compelled to troll in the Gnutella forums?
Quote:
So what do I get out of Advertising Shareaza? It's simple, I get the feeling and gratification of supporting the truth.
Why don't you spread that 'truth' where it belongs, in the Shareaza forum?
Quote:
I know and believe Shareaza is that good. Most Shareaza users take it upon themselves to spread the word of Shareaza, and you guys can't take that.
Well, it seems you're the only one doing it in the BearShare, Limewire and Xolox forums. Those other Shareaza users must be doing it elsewhere. In fact, I'm using 'raza myself occasionally. But that didn't make me discard netiquette and start spamming around in other forums.
Quote:
Shareaza is growing organically, just like how Napster, EDonkey and Kazaa grew (by word of mouth).
I haven't seen any Kazaa ads in these forums lately. Maybe Kazaa users have a different idea of word of mouth than you.
Quote:
Shareaza doesn't need to pay for Advertising on "download.com",
Would you mind quickly verifying whether any other servents represented in this forum pay for advertising on download.com? I didn't find any last time I checked. Who is spreading the lies here?
Quote:
and Shareaza has "Sharelive.com, Peerweb.com, etc... backing them up".
Good for Shareaza. There should really be no need for you to spam these forums, then.
Quote:
With all the money from PRO versions, you'd think Gnutella would constantly improving. Gnutella has been stagnant for quite sometime, and won't change anytime soon.
If you had bothered to check the gdf every once in a while, maybe you wouldn't have made the above statement, since you are an advocate ot the truth. I don't know for how long you've been around but I can tell you gnutella now as opposed to gnutella even 6 months ago are worlds apart. Shareaza looks very nice. That's about it. A nice interface doesn't make my files upload/download faster.

This post started as a complaint about the reactions to your posts and - surprise, surprise - turned into a Shareaza ad. I think you have now exhaustively told everyone in these forums that you like Shareaza a lot. Thank you for your contribution. But now it's time to change the subject.