View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2001
Gnutella Veteran

Kirby is flying high
Default Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by zeroshadow
Sorry I didn't think that it would be that hard for you to understand.

>>The biggest error would be that the data only came from one location over the space of a few days.
>So, from what I see, one IP downloaded 18.5 gigs of stuff from you. Most of the time he uses Bearshare, but he also uses LimeWire and some others.
Wait, misunderstanding. So what you're saying is that there were different IPs. But just a small half the time, it was one IP. (Who was using BearShare, no doubt.)

1. You have got it backwards the "one location" is me the one uploader, not one downloader.
2. The "data" is not the "18.5 gigs" that I uploaded, it is the data that I collected about those people that downloaded from me, i.e. what client & version they were using, what country, IP, host, time of day, etc.

>>What are you talking about? There was only 0.61% that were not compatible enough to be identified.
>Yes, I did say that wrong. But the way you say it, you act like everything can be IDed 100% of the time, which is, needless to say, stupid.

1. Sorry, next time I won't abbreviate. "Other" in my list means: Other clients unable to identify.
--
>1. You have got it backwards* the "one location" is me the one uploader, not one downloader.
So, basically, most of it was you downloading files using BearShare.
Also, are clear on what "upload" and "download" mean? Because if you keep saying "downloading from me", you're liable to confuse a lot of people.

Kirby
[IMG]http://**************.com/ms/kirbykore/images/kirbywave.gif[/IMG]

*Actually, you're the one who originally had it backwards, I misiinterpreted it because you don't know the difference between an upload and a download. (Well, you know what they are, you just never use them in the right places.)