View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2003
Apprentice

jazzsteric is flying high
Default How to redownload?

Question:Is there anyway to redownload a file when you can't locate the file via search?

History: I was downloading a song last night when I got the dreaded Awaiting sources message. I then pressed Clear Inactive and downloaded again. I repeated this process several times and always initially redownloaded for about 3 minutes or so. Several redownloads later, I had downloaded about 75% of the file. While the computer was unattended, my wife exited limewire. When I brought limewire back up, the download would start, go for about 3 minutes and stop. I then tried to search for the file to noavail. The Resume button is useless so I then brought down limewire, brought it back up, initially downloaded for about 3 minutes. I repeated this operation several times until I finally ended up with about 85% complete.

Today, I brought up limewire with hopes of completing download but get the Awaiting sources message. Search still yields no results for the file I am looking for and Resume is still useless.

From the yesterday's download message, I know the IP address of the file I am searching for. When I put the IP address in the connection window is won't connect. The IP currently answers a ping but won't connect via limewire.