View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2003
Apprentice

rockhaus is flying high

Limewire 2.9.8 Pro
Mac OSX 10.2.5
PBG4 667 Mhz / 1GB / 60GB

My Shared, Saved, and Incomplete folders are all on a partition separate from my Home/boot partition, where LMP 298 lives.

Since upgrading to 2.9.8 Pro, which occurred just before, or after, installing OSX 10.2.5,

My LimeWire Library has become fragile. This was never an issue before.

LimeWire Pro 2.9.8 decides to unexpectedly quit. Never before, I dunno why.

That, or any OTHER crash, and upon re-login/reboot/or just relaunch of LimeWire Pro 2.9.8, and it forgets the entire library in the Search Queue.

Forcing me to select all Library and Resume, which works, but takes forever.

Worse, any/all incomplete downloads never resume as they did before my upgrades (above). Only new searches / new selected downloads work at all. This includes new incompletes. Since upgrading, these, too, never resume on their own.

I encourage them by repeating the same search again and again, and clicking 'resume'.

But, once LMP 2.9.8 'forgets' it's Library, its back to square one for every desired file.

LimeWire 2.9.8 Pro has unexpectedly quit repeatedly, and I've resumed the Library each time. Then I find ALL (prior) Searched files with downloaded Status bars of 'half-done' appear as 'virgins'.

Later, between successful runs of the same app LMP 298, but before unexpected quits, etc (normal day-to-day ops), I've still found that none of my half-done downloads self-resume, even when Search list results suggest it is obvious that they should.

This list of incompletes I trim daily, and also add to, daily.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-rockhaus