View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
No, it is the list of ALL downloads in the lower part of the Search tab. I haven't lost the 'Incompletes' list in the Library tab, but after selecting all and Resuming, I get the downloads list back, minus any progress.
OK. I can make the downloads frame of the Search Pane disappear if I select all and click Kill Download--selecting all in the incompletes frame of the Library Pane brings them back and "awaiting". Haven't seen anything kill all the downloads by itself (did suspect losing all connections made all downloads show "could not move to library"), but 'Auto-clear Completed Downloads' is unchecked in prefs.

Quote:
After I launch completed downloads into their app, I kill them from the Downloads list, so it is the time spent on the partially completes that is never regained.
True. I'm hoping that the developments in partial file sharing might allow those incompletes to be finished in the future, but can't see how unless a byte map can be kept for incompletes. If the original shows up in a repeated search, those incompletes will often resume, but not after a crash. I'm guessing the downloads.dat file gets corrupted here, but don't know how to salvage it.

Quote:
If those stop halfway through, or whatever, they never resume like in the past - whether I have to resume the incompletes in Library after a crash or not. So I have to Search for them again.
That's the new normal behaviour. trap_jaw explains it well here