View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2003
Disciple

BaalDemon is flying high

Alright well the reason why it appears to go so fast is because it is set to display download speeds in bits per second, not Bytes per second like most are used to seeing on the internet. There are 8 bits in every byte, so 300kb/s is really 37.5kB/s. You can change how it shows this representation in one fo the settings.

I am a shareaza user, havent really used much else since I found shareaza. IMHO it is the best client out there right now, Mike did an excellent job on the g2 protocol. I think he did sort of go behind the back of the gdf to get his protocol out, but I also think it was necessary. Gnutella seems to be advancing faster and faster since Mike released g2, this appears to have been a way to push g1 t some changes. I think that sometime in the future the g1 and g2 networks will merge to once again form a single gnutella. I encourage everyone to try it for themselves and see what they think. I know from my personal experience it is the best thing I have used, and the icing on the cake is that there is absolutely no spy/adware that comes with it. It is a clean program that will not bog your computer down with all that ad/spyware crap.