Thread: Search Results
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2003
Novicius

drlevbk is flying high
Default Search Results

I have just downloaded LimeWire 2.9.8 to use on Powerbook G3 with Mac OS9.2.1 and IE 5.1 browser. LW installed, opens and functions with no problems and I do not experience so far the crashes discribed by other users. However, when I tried to search for foreing language DVD (russian), the search produced nothing accept a single adult movie. Although it appeared unlikely, that the entire network had no russian DVDs, I did remove "russian" from the search definitions, i.e. looking for all DVDs available to download. Again, there were very few results. Now, that appears impossible. Am I doing anything wrong and get connected to only few peers? I also have Nortons FireWall and Virus protection enabled.

One other question: I did download a couple of movie clips. However, none of them could be opened. Attempt to open the file in MPEG format (.mpg) results in a message that my software lacks some component needed to open, even though the ikon are clearly in QuickTime format and I just installed the latest v.6.0.3 of QuickTime Player directly from Apple's site. The other file in AVI format (.avi) and with a similar QuickTime ikon is not recognized at all.

Thank you for help.