View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2001
Unregistered

Question Same problem Peczmaster...

I am downloading fine but it doesn't open the file on my iMac either? I tried every basic player QT , RP WMP none of these open the MP3 file ??? The Mac command "Get Info" says this is a limewire document. It appears to load the file in it's entirety but utterly refuses to play? In my experience this document which displays a turned down page icon possibly indicates that the resource fork is getting stripped off the file. Something a Mac absolutely must have to recognize the file. I ran into same problem in FTP downloads. So my hunch is somewhere in a cross platform issue the resource fork is getting stripped out. I say this because occassionally I get a file to open in Quick Time which may be because I downloaded from another Mac. So my guess is Limewire for Mac is dropping the resource fork to the file in a cross platform exchange or simply Limewire is buggy which incidentally I have reported. Any techy or Mac developer out there who can tell me more? Please do ! My download success rate is roughly 5%. Not exactly a stellar performance for someone who was using Napster....