View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2003
Apprentice

Deacon is flying high
Default Limited uploads / search success on 2.9.10

I'm new to the forum so pardon any mistakes. I am running OSX 10.2.1 on a 100 dual G4 with a DSL. I've been using Limewire for a little over a year and love it. But when I got the newest version, I started having problems. I read some of the advice from the forum and went back to an earlier version -- that was an improvement. Then I decided to download and try the new "beta" version I saw on the web site. I followed some directions and "pushed" my ip address. Voila! Things were great -- I'd never had so much success "searching" and I had more uploads than ever. But I kept getting the prompt to upgrade to the "Pro" version. Since I had the "Pro" version of 2.9.10 I decided to go back and figured I could "push" my ip address and all would be great. But it hasn't worked. And btw -- I keep getting a notice that I my "client is a leaf node" when I go to "Monitor." Is that part of the problem. I suppose I could download the "beta" program again, but thought maybe somebody could offer some insight.