View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2003
Devotee

Crazy Miz B is flying high
Default Re: Life as a leaf

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by David91

When you are new to Gnutella, you will always be designated a leaf and you have to access the wealth of copyright free material through the ultrapeer network. In this more lowly position, you will not be prejudiced, The search system is designed to return the same number of hits regardless whether the searcher is leaf or ultrapeer.
--------
Ahhhhh, and so many thanks to both moderators...my questions have been answered quickly, no muss or fuss, and I'm now clearer on the issue...

One detail--how do I know copyright free material from other material? I know that we own the copyright on our own original songs...but -- what about the old favorites I'm downloading???

----------
However, should you have lots of free bandwidth, and you provide good qualntities of copyright free material on a reliable basis with a high upload success rate, then in time you may be designated an utrapeer and a proportion of your bandwidth will carry the traffic between the other ultrapeers, and leaves will connect to you for access to Gnutella.
---------
So---my goal should be to become an Ultrapeer as soon as possible?
-------------
So I may not be Shakespearean, forsooth, but I have tarried enough on this commission and must exit stage left. [/B]
-----------
You may indeed be not Shakespeare, but methinks you be just FINE (fahn!) on dis list...and I too must fade into the pale moon, since I went not to my chamber last night to sleep, but spent the hours poring over Limewire by candlelight...well, actually, by monitor light. But didn't candles sound better?

Adieu, and expect more questions...I've Only Just Begun....<moderators cringing at the prospect>

Paula

Last edited by Crazy Miz B; May 8th, 2003 at 11:47 AM.