View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2003
Devotee

Crazy Miz B is flying high
Default Re: Generally

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David91
[B]Don't be deceived by any of the advertising linking OSX to Unix. For all practical everyday purposes, you don't need to know.
-------------------
-----------------
Yeah--I only use ONE Unix command...the only one I know...but all the files are located differently, and many things are handled differently---to me it's different anyway..

--------------
Watch out what you're doing if you propose to link access between your two machines and the internet. Routers can cause problems to Limewire's operation and you will need more advice if that is your intention.
=---------
No internet linkage---it's just to access my earlier writing for my book, much of which is on 3.5 disks---can't use those on my G4. Would I be safe to use the network IN HOUSE only---if I turned off Limewire just for the brief time to transfer those files?
-----------

As to the service on this forum. It's just an accident that there are a number of helpful people around. Come back in a few months and there'll likely be a new crew on board.
------------------
In that case, I'm grateful and LUCKY, then.
------------------

As to advising the band, that's called management and is worth a percentage of the gross.
-------------------

I was referring to a peer group--about Limewire---not actual management...Uh--actually, that's what I am....but this sharing is new to me. Would love to talk with musicians who've learned the ins and outs of utilizing it successfully...I'm brand new.

I'll keep looking---I'll bet they're here somewhere and I just haven't looked hard enough...

Thanks again!

Paula