Thread: About Limewire
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2003
Disciple

trap_jaw2 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleipner
You dont need to modify anything, just add the address pointing at the local adress
LimeWire will have trouble if that connection ever fails because it will very likely try to obtain new addresses from the public GWebcaches (you can't shut that off in the options). The number of connections an ultrapeer tries to maintain is far too high for a private network.

Quote:
If you are a supernod yes, but Limewire does not give me that status inspite the fact that im having ADSL 512/512, so im only leaf. so the 3 hosts have a total bandwidth of 1.5 K only
That's right.

Quote:
Ya i know that, also strange, should be much higher.
Routing search results is very expensive. - And a total of 150 (or was it 240?) search results is more than enough. I assume it's even better for the network if a user issues more queries instead of getting more results per search because he is forced to be more specific when entering search keywords.

Quote:
Both those does not shield off the traffic properly, so i get almost all their traffic here as leaf-nod
That is strange, GnucDNA based servents usually are using old TTL 7 searches so they are extremely disadvantaged by newer LimeWire ultrapeers. In addition they filter out much more pongs than LimeWire.

When searching with GnucDNA based servents you should not even get a fraction of the results you get from LimeWire ultrapeers - except for terms like mp3.