View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high

Hi sneekee_d

I apologise for being sidetracked but, as I said earlier, Limewire does not use Java 1.4.1 and whether or not you have it on your system is irrelevant. Limewire still uses Java 1.3.1. You need to uninstall Limewire, and then track down and trash everything with "Limew" in the label. Go through the Safe Boot cycle to repair any file damage (you could also consider repairing Permissions using First Aid to overcome any problems that might have arisen if you have downloaded any system upgrades recently — I'm on OS10.2.6 myself). Then download the latest version of Limewire and install that. As a matter of interest, are you having problems with any other applications? When I upgraded from OS10.1 to OS10.2 I encountered all kinds of problems (like the Print Center refused to recognise my "old" printer, etc). Your problem may not be specific to Limewire but part of a more general system screw-up. You might find it useful to go to www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html for general help in taming the Jaguar.

Never give up.