Thread: An idea...
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2003
Novicius

NightMyth Programming is flying high
Lightbulb An idea...

Stop me if you have heard this before. But....

To increase the file those are available, we could build a client that can interface with the Kazaa network and the Gnutella as the same time. Also it is able to process queries from people on the Gnutella and they in turn Query the Kazaa network, sending it back to the user on the Gnutella network. This will combine the two networks and making both networks 100 times better.

I have some knowledge of the steps a good programmer does when building a programme. I have built many programmes including a MSN messenger clone, my own P2P client… ok it only connects to other clients, and they are only 30 people on my mini network at a time but it’s always working and I built it from nothing with a friend in VB.

What will the client will be required to do?

1) Translate/Transmit Gnutella query’s into Kazaa query’s
2) Translate/Transmit Kazaa query’s into Gnutella query’s
3) Transmit/Translate the Gnutella handshake command to the Kazaa Network.
4) Transmit/Translate the Kazaa handshake into the Gnutella handshake.
5) Transmit/Translate Force Command to the different networks.
6) Transmit/Translate GET Command to the different networks.
7) Transmit/Translate PUSH Command to the different networks.

That’s the easy bit.

Problems I have thought about?

1) Problems about the building of files from different networks. – Still thinking about this problem.
2) Login problems, between the networks. – Maybe two login module.
3) Messaging between the networks – umm, this could be done by another process of translating commands.

The disadvantages and advantages of this client?

1) Disadv: When the client is “bridging” between the networks, there is going to be a lots of connects inbound and outbound, with the small clumps of text coming into the clients and querying the different networks. How to get pass is... well I say about 50 people would need to have the client, with high power internet connections.
2) Adv: An high amount of file being shared, large range of files, faster download, ok maybe the search’s on the other network may be a little slower since the “bridging” client would need to translate the query’s but dispending on the traffic like any network.

So what do you think, it’s only a very brief outline of my idea but.

PS. My English isn’t too good, so sorry about any mistakes.