View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2003
Novicius

miracle is flying high

Hello tshdos

Thanks for your comments....but I think you misunderstood what I am trying to do...

Well, first things first, this is my own personal project and I intend to test it on my own LAN..my intention of not going with PING and PONG messages was to test a very very simple version before going to full blown design..

You said that if a client closes the connection as soon it sends a QUERY request it wont be able to receive QH's. Well, I think I did not explain what I was doing properly.

A servent would consist of a client and a server ( all this in one node). These two would be running as threads wherein the client would wait for user inputs ( right now from command line) and the server would be listening for incoming connections ( i,e for QUERY and QUERY HITS) from other nodes....

When a user submits a new request.. the client would connect to all the other neighboring nodes ( server components) and send them the QUERY and close the connection. On the server side a new thread is started everytime a new connection is received and accepted.

The QUERY HITS would arrive only on the server component of the original node which sent the request. So there is no way that the QH's will be missed or not received.

I hope I have explained it clearly now.??? If yes do u think this will work ???

Thank you