View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default What interesting questions.

Yes, there are a number of sites that advertise themselves through the biased search engines and "sell" copies of packages to access Gnutella (when I was starting out, I paid for copies of Morpheus and Mactella from such sites — but not $25 which is excessive by anyone's standards). Mostly what they sell are old versions of the packages they obtained for nothing (business is business). However, Limewire is part of the shareware community and you can either pay a token sum or download for free as your conscience dictates. You need never go back to the original service sites you paid nor go to any other such site. You have found a safe haven from corporate greed here.

What you find on Gnutella is what other people are willing to share. If the world is generous with its music collection, you get a good choice. If the world is mean, you get little. But Limewire aims to find up to 250 hits for every search you make. Separate your searches by reasonable time periods and you are likely to find a different set of sources for the more popular material.

So, welcome to the world of Gnutella, my friend. You made a reasonable choice in Limewire. If you need help in any aspect of Limewire not covered by the FAQ and the many threads in this forum, volunteers here will be pleased to advise.