View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2001
Unregistered

sydney078 just emailed me what you wrote in response to
what you wrote here.

Hello to all-

My name is Adam Fisk, and I am a software engineer from LimeWire. I was made aware of this thread by one of our users who posted on our user forum at:

www.gnutellaforums.com

As anyone familiar with LimeWire and its goals already realizes, "sydney078"'s allegations are completely untrue and unfounded.

We at LimeWire would never consider collecting any information about our users. It has nothing to do with our revenue model, and we feel strongly that the privacy of our users should be protected. That said, we do not even have the cabability built into our software to collect any information from our users, as this had nothing to do with our original goals.

LimeWire is an information sharing tool. We are working to make the Gnutella network a more generalized network that can be used for more robust searching and sharing of all types of information than any other network currently available. We have absolutely no interest in colluding with "undercover people" from the "MPA" to catch all you naughty little file sharers out there.

I suggest that anyone with more interest in the general subject of peer-to-peer networks check out some of the information on our web site at www.limewire.com.
--
Adam Fisk
LimeWire Developer

This is what Sydney078 emailed me in response:

" LimeWire can kiss my ***. They are full of BS- call Oceanic and ask for a guy name Kit ad you can ask him yourself about LimeWire and how the MPA was
able to get my IP number. LimeWire can say all they want, but I know the truth. I am going to look around to see if I still have the letter. But, in the mean time, call Oceanic yourself. "

The person Syd078 referring is Kit Beuret Public Relations
person at Oceanic Cable www.oceanic.com. His email
address is kbeuret@oceanic.com

Aloha,
Aaron
computerwiz@hawaii.rr.com