View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2003
Still growing

NoKaOi is flying high
Lightbulb Matter of timing & luck

Here's an idea: I'm not sure there's a consistent method to avoid failed downloads (that always works.) If you are downloading, for example, and your host disconnects, your download stops then and there. What you've downloaded so far will be in your 'incomplete' folder and remain there. The beauty of Limewire is, that 'incomplete' piece of mess that you can't do much with at the time, can be added onto later, when you either re-connect with the same host and request the same item, or connect to another host who has the exact same title in his/her 'sharing' folder. Also, your own connection to your ISP (especially if dialup) can be a culprit. The more shakey your own connection, the more likely you'll have failed downloads. I may be incorrect; I hope I've not given you bad info but for me, this has been my experience. Also, stay current with most recent version of Limewire and go ahead and pay for a Pro edition. LSS: Most download failures I've had came from the other end . . they (the hosts) just exited Limewire and left me hanging. In preferences, one can set Limewire to close, only after activity has stopped, but I don't think many take the time to select that option. Best of luck.