View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2003
Novicius

fscott is flying high

David,
thanks so much for a clear and concise reply. I had suspected that the downloads list was not re-searching and went throught he list yesterday hitting the 'resume' button. It worked in a few cases, but not often.
Iprefered the older version of the software because I could 'open -up' 6 nodes and rely on the program to keep searching. Anyway, I realized a long time ago that a good download session is a full time effort-researching every 5 minutes or so, changing your connections by deleting the oldest ones broadening (hopefully) your search to new leaf users, deleating morpheus conections, etc.
Even with the old version I repeted my searches every 5 to 10 minutes as replies drop to zero by then. As you posted someone in another thread- this is a great way to (as hannibal would say:) "try new things".
There is no doubt that my tastes have been sharpened and refined because of Limewire. I would never have 'sampled' all of the various music that I have this year if I was forced to buy an entire album for 'perhaps' one good cut. As anyone who likes photography knows, you take a whole 'roll' to get one or two good pictures.
I am saying some of these things here as I remember how much I learned by reading the 'chatter' in the postings. Perhaps we will give some good insight to someone just starting out.
In this vein, I want to plug what Jobs has done at Apple with the new iTunes store. THIS is the way music should have been sold all along; cut by cut. Unfortunatly, they are not yet licenced for some of the things I'm having trouble with (like Paul Hardcastle-'FirstLight' and Emma Kirkby) but it's a start.
p.s.
Was in Thailand last year (Bancock/ChangMai)and was "Amazed".
Slip over to RAFFELS for me and down a "sling" in my name (till I can get there myself!).

Last edited by fscott; May 27th, 2003 at 04:52 PM.