View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default Well, some progress

Well, we have now moved on to the problem of the stalled download which is more difficult because you have lost the original source from the search box. One option, assuming that you have managed to reconnect from the incomplete file (which, incidentally, stores the address of the original host) is to use the "hidden" browse host. Once the download has begun, highlight the line in the downloads window and either option or command click (sorry I can't remember off-hand which it is). That will disclose a window menu in which one of the options is browse host. Of course, not all hosts are browsable but it does at least give you a second chance if the source stalls. Once you have the browsed source, highlight the object file in the search window, kill the download and restart the download. That usually reconnects you to the host and you can chase the download to an immediate and successful completion by restarting the download every time it stalls. Simply leaving it will never reconnect you. That facility was removed from Limewire several upgrades ago. The "awaiting sources" is simply warning you that you have to take action.