View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2003
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Limewire might be the best gnutella client around protocol wise (core), but it lacks consistency for users (gui). One version has a new feature is enabled, the other has it malfunctionning ie "resume". This is disapointing to say the least. While I know developpers have fun improving the protocol and doing network researches that benefit to an open source protocol, they are losing users by not showing support. They might not be in difficulty financially, but hiring a dedicated programmer for user "confort" would pay many times his salary easily. And more users would help the current ones in search results. Another thing is the ****ing installer that "sucks" very much, it might be normal for windows users, but a stand alone application would be much better, especially when Jeans-Uwe (an open soure LW dev, does it for os X). Also the about LW should have for a long time included the history of changes since the last version, many people would appreciate, including me.

Pour résumer, please hire someone dedicated with users in his mind LW!
(Yes I know there is also ACQX for OSx but you can't specify the search type and the developper is making money of open source software, instead of helping by hacking and adding features to LW. He's also very afraid of bad reactions of its users, I told him many times to lower the number of ultrappers connection while being a leaf, but he's scared....and hurting the network).