View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2003
Isamoor

Default gtk-gnutella ultra peers not communicating.

I also had the experiance that gtk-gnutella ultra peers were not communicating. I ran a .92c ultra peer for almost 3 days straight earlier this week. I had solid connections to other gtk-gnutella clients with them as leaves. In fact, the gtk-gnutella leaf clients were the ones that generally stayed connected for at least a day. (With the exception of one oddball Swapper.NET fella that stayed with me for 2 or 3 days.) During this whole time though, I never got a connection to another gtk-gnutella ultrapeer. I had on compressed connection preference, so I was limited almost exclusively to LimeWire ultrapeers. And limewire might be nice, but I couldn't hold a connection to them over a few hours.

I had a huge number of shareaza leaves. On the other hand, I never connected once to a shareaza ultra peer. Do they only accept g2 ultrapeers or something?

So is there some glitch where gtk-gnutella ultrapeers don't see each other, or are there just that few of us out there?

Later,

Isamoor

P.S. I did have .92u connections as leaves. .92b got booted off of me though, saying it was outdated. Is there any log file I could give you to help you out?