View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2003
Gnutella Veteran

osu_uma is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by et voilà

Pour résumer, please hire someone dedicated with users in his mind LW!
+1 that. Limewire seems to grossly underestimate the power of a nice and easy to read GUI. Human factors are essential for the succes of a product.
  • the progress bars are a joke and source of tons of misunderstandings. when are we finally going to have progress bars that show which chunk of a file is being downloaded (like in BearShare and Shareaza)?
  • The dropped I/O and Uploads colums are also a constant source of misunderstanding, with users thinking that 90% dropped means Limewire is not working propperly and stuff like that

the new themes are a good idea, but frankly, the way they have been implemented leaves much to be desired. we now have three ugly interfaces to choose from instead of one.

As much as I hate the arrogant snobbish missionary behaviour of their zealot-users, take a look at Shareaza for a second and you will realize that limewire looks like a C64 in comparision. the soviet union robotron-trabant dusty kinda charm does not appeal to the masses.

[edit] sorry... i din't know i was that angry, but i think the issue must have been bugging me for longer than i thought... no offense to anybody

Last edited by osu_uma; June 7th, 2003 at 03:37 PM.