View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Wow--thanks for all the info. I'll be greedy and try and prolong this great class! This is better than finding a host that downloads great stuff at 80 KB/s! Sorry for being a leech--hope I can find a way to pay it forward or back. Any chance I can help you with a Shakespeare or Romantic Poetry class?

Acq has been using Java 1.4 since it was still only available in the Developer's preview version. Should using 1.3 or 1.4 make much difference to the gnutella experience?

Is the URN (Uniform Resource Name?) generated/linked to the sha1 hash (how can I see/know a file's URN?). I thought I read that searches by hash had been blocked/stopped.

I noticed two new columns in the connections pane: compression I/O and QRP %. I like the compression stats (saves having to turn on advanced stats to view), but noted of the hosts reporting, most show 0/40. I have both options for compression enabled, so I guess 0 means I'm receiving 0% of that host's message as compressed, and 40 means I'm compressing 40% of the messages I send out. Did I get this backwards/sideways?

I don't know how to read the infrequent data in the QRP% column (Query Returned P?). Any suggestions?

Cheers, and thanks again. LW has sure helped gnutella be better since those dismal times in November-January, even if I did log three beta crashes today!