View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

thanks jum (& Roger)--the magnet worked to get as far as queued (once I placed the LWj3 alone on the desktop--MSIE couldn't find it otherwise).

Replaced the LANCity modem today and still see the upload stutter. The ISP tech thought the uploads were odd but we couldn't find any buffering between my machine and the ISP's servers (usual speeds are 100-110 KB/s). I'll have to try to find how to do a "network sniffer trace" (google points me to PC apps). Thanks for that tip--I'd never considered a "too fast" possibility. He also recommended trying the T1 setting and reducing the upload limit to 100 KB/s (800 Kb) in the LWj prefs. Doesn't seem to make much difference yet.

the LimeWire[578] Warning: Font LucidaSans-TypewriterBold claims fixed-pitch with 0 max advance! is triggered by choosing "About Limewire," and that font is not installed on my system (stock--did an erase and install of the OSX partition 2 weeks ago). There are similar fonts in the java frameworks installations (and a few from MS Office X). Perhaps the DP of java installs it?

LWj3.0.1 is stable so far. I've disabled UP until I figure out the router losing all connections and the UL stutter. I've tried a few traceroutes on uploaders but hit a proxy on the way. I need to do more yet.

Cheers all--hope the help links can work.