Thread: File Corrupted
View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2003
Apprentice

MisfitJim is flying high

Thanks for the response. I understand that LimeWire/Gnutella requires a certain amount of “Baby Sitting”, but can say with %100 certainty that the problem I “And apparently others” are experiencing is a new one. I have been using LimeWire via OSX, for over a year, and have been able to download music files in quantity with few if any corrupted files. Last week I started getting consistent corrupted files. “I mean every file!” "And they disapear into oblivian, no matter how I choose to deal with them". Something has changed! Either with the latest version of LimeWire or my system. (I am leaning towards my system). Another user suggested repairing permissions which I did reluctantly. “Must admit that performance did seem to increase” However the same problems appear. I really have no answers, but here are some consistencies:

1 If I download 1 file at a time I have no problems. (Noted by another Post..Thanks)
2 If I download 2, files, the first will download without a problem, but the second will be corrupt.
3 After that 99% of all files I download will be corrupt until I reboot and go back to “one file at a time.”

You know, I appreciate the fact that this (The LimeWire Network) is a good thing, and am willing to accept the shortcomings of the platform. (Downloading one file at a time is not that bad) The frustration comes when something that works well stops working well. Still searching…Jim